Get More Sleep
Finding true wellness is all about focusing on the things that we CAN control in order to build up our defenses to deal with things that are BEYOND our control. However, there’s no easy path to success when trying to exert control over aspects of our lives such as fitness, nutrition, mental health, and stress levels.
Everyone is different, but your best bet to take control of your health picture is to adopt habit forming behavior. A tiny step here or there, incorporated into your daily routine can make a world of difference. Are you ready to swap your bad habits for healthy ones?
How to Sleep Better
Adults who routinely get 7 to 9 hours of deep sleep have a leg up when it comes to restoring energy, regenerating cells, improving blood circulation, and strengthening their immune system.
To achieve that, consider adopting some of the following tips each night before bed:
- Decompress with a daily reset from Sky Schools.
Use the access code “fitdc3“
- Set an alarm for your bedtime each night and commit to it; the same way you do for waking up in the morning.
- Find your “Off” Button and do something that you find personally relaxing to get you ready for bed.
- Turn off or dim the bright lights in your home 1-2 hours before your bedtime. Allow your mind to slowly relax its way into a sleep-ready state.
- Ditch the soda, wine, beer, or cocktail in exchange for a glass of water or decaffeinated tea before bed. Hydrated bodies sleep better, longer.
- Are you a midnight snack kind of person? If so, make sure that snack doubles as a sleep aid. Give almonds, cherries, walnuts, and kiwis a try.